Monday, November 10, 2014

First Snow of the Season

Today was Monday and again I was off of work –trying my hardest to use up my many vacation days still remaining for the year. It was pretty well predicted that today we were going to see our first snow of the season. I had been preparing next year's butterfly garden in my yard the day before but planting oodles of milkweed seeds before the snow fell and I was just in time. By morning it was snowing pretty good and quite windy so I decided to visit the park just because I could. The wind was blowing so hard that I was getting stung in the face by the wet, icy snow and thus I decided not to go around the entire park. I started on the east side, going to the bridge over Shingle Creek on the north side and then back again. The birds were certainly aware of the weather too and I honestly can't say I really saw anything of interest other than a large flock of Canada Geese grounded by the winter storm. They sat together in the baseball field on the east side, most of them with their heads tucked under their wings. We could be in for a long winter it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment