Sunday, August 17, 2014

Making Tracks

My visit to the park today was short at under an hour due to rainy conditions. I barely took any photos as I was trying to keep my camera dry. But I did spot a Northern Waterthrush again! This is my second sighting of this Warbler now this August, the first time being on August 9th. This one was on the muddy banks of a drainage ditch on the north end of the park. I tried for a photo but it took off quickly. Then in the same place I noticed some animal tracks that looked quite unique. I'm guessing they are Raccoon tracks because of the way the toes are so spread apart but I'm not very good with tracks. I've only seen Racoons just a handful of times at the park but it doesn't mean they're not around. The only other items that I noted were a young Mallard and Snakeroot plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment