Sunday, October 28, 2012

Last Visit for October 2012

It was a bit of a greyish fall day today and the park was pretty quiet. One of the first things I took a photo of was a car parked in the south parking lot that seemed a bit suspicious. It seemed like maybe they were dumping garbage out as they were parked in the very end spot near the woods while there were no other cars in the lot –and I noticed some freshly dumped garbage very near there. I hung around a bit hoping to catch them in the act but never did. Instead I blatantly stood behind their car and took photos of their license plate hoping to scare them off but they never did move. After I moved on I saw only a handful of birds including a Downy Woodpecker, White-throated Sparrow, Goldfinch, Chickadee and Dark-eyed Junco. The Golfinches have now lost their brilliant yellow plumage from summertime, really hitting home that there's not too much left of this fall season.

No comments:

Post a Comment