Sunday, September 2, 2012

Another Sunny Day in September



I arrived at the park around 8:30am this morning and spotted a single Doe right away but she was behind some brush and I could not get a good photo. After all the interesting birds I spotted yesterday I was hoping for another good day of birding but instead it was all quite common species instead. I saw Song Sparrows, Cardinals, Goldfinches and lots of Mallards and Wood Ducks. I only got a couple interesting (and clear) photos for the day. The first one was a female Common Yellowthroat in the cattails somewhere on the south side. When the cattails are thick and green like they are now, the Yellowthroats tend to "hide out" in them and once they enter it's tough to find them again. In the small pond on the east side I spotted this Green Heron perched over the water, soaking up some of the warm sun which showed off some of his colors. All Herons in my opinion are very "skittish" and will easily scare off when you get to close so I stayed back and tried to focus on him through some other branches.

No comments:

Post a Comment