Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Final Attempt at an After-Work Walk

Today was the first day of November but with the temps so warm, I wanted to take advantage of being outside. Unfortunately I didn't make it to the park until nearly 7pm which gave me just roughly one hour of light. I was optimistic until I came across my first good photo opportunity and remembered how poorly my camera works in even just slightly low light. Right from the paved trail overlooking the pond on the far west side, I could see two Deer wading in the water along the edge. This isn't a real common place to see Deer and I'd definitely never seen them here in this water that is normally full of Ducks. To keep my pics from becoming completely blurry, I laid down to steady my camera on the concrete facade above the drainage pipe. This is why my only image for this post is crooked. The other Deer that was in the water had jumped out by this time and joined another up on the bank that I hadn't noticed before. I did make it all the way around but it was completely dark by the time I got back to the parking lot. I only took one other photo the whole way around -of some cattails- and that was mostly just to see if the photo would even show up on my camera screen. This will definitely be my last after-work-walk of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment