Saturday, October 15, 2011

Definitely a Migrating Bird

Today I ran into a fellow birder early on in my walk and we continued all the way around the park together talking about birds and what-not. The walk went fast with the good conversation and I realized I'd not taken nearly as many pics as I usually do. One thing I did photograph however is pretty cool I think -and I doubt I would have positively identified it on my own. It was a Ruby-crowned Kinglet who was definitely migrating given it is now mid October. Thought it's not a great photo, you can actually see just barely a hint of the ruby colored patch if you view the larger image. Pretty neat since my last sighting was 6 months ago in May! One of my few other sightings was this common orange Butterfly among the fall leaves. I just learned it's name is a "Question Mark" named for a white shape seen only on it's under-wing.

No comments:

Post a Comment