Monday, October 5, 2009

Monday downpour

Had the day off from work today so was definitely planning a walk. I didn't plan on getting drenched though so I put my new rain gear to good use as it pretty much rained all day. It made for a pretty boring walk as there was just nothin' goin' on but a steady downpour. The one interesting thing was at the bridge over Shingle Creek on the north side. It's hard to tell from the photo but there were at least 100 or more Carp just underneath the surface of the water. I knew there were some Carp in the creek but I had no idea just how many as I've previously only seen 10 to 15 in a group. They were litteraly everywhere you looked. It must have something to do with the rain I guess. Maybe they were coming up towards the surface for cleaner water? This last photo is special in two ways. It is my favorite part of the park -where the main bodies of water meet- and it also marks the 100th photo I've posted on this Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment