Saturday, July 11, 2009

Cool Saturday

Set out kinda later today and surprised that the temp was only in mid-sixties still. Didn't see a single deer today but there were plenty of other interesting things. Upon crossing the north bridge over Shingle Creek I noticed a Great Blue Heron and I stopped to watch him fish for a few minutes. I managed to catch a closeup right as he lunged his head into the water for a fish. Later, near the ball fields on the east side I noticed this Tiger Swallowtail butterfly feasting on tall thistle plant flowers. I will have to try again sometime for a better photo of one as they don't sit still for too long.
After crossing the bridge on the south side I noticed a rather large group of Egrets on the far end of the swamp. I counted about 14 I think. They were squawking loudly and must have been fighting over food or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment